OCIO Territorial Hotel we are aware of the importance of the environment that surrounds us, and that the execution of activities can generate impacts on the environment, the economy and the local community. That is why we commit ourselves voluntarily and publicly to follow these guidelines and commitments, which contribute to the sustainable development of the hotel and the tourist destination, in order to minimize the impact and contribute to nature and local communities.
• The experience at OCIO Territorial Hotel is linked to life in close proximity to nature and care for cultural heritage. That is why we carry out actions that allow us to transmit environmental education to our neighbors and visitors, through respect and care for nature, the natural environment and local culture.
• We take measures to reduce our environmental impact through the practice of recycling glass, plastics, cardboard and organic waste. Through prioritizing the use of reusable materials, also separating our solid and liquid waste, and thus reducing our polluting emissions.
• We promote the economic development of our environment at the neighborhood, communal and provincial levels, through the purchase of local supplies such as decorative items, food, tourist excursions, and diverse materials, prioritizing as far as possible the principles of fair trade.
• We are an agent of change, encouraging the articulation of key actors, both from the public and private sectors, in order to continually improve the quality of the services offered in the Chiloé Archipelago as a tourist destination.
• We reject the exploitation of human beings, in any of its forms, especially sexual and in particular when it affects children. We inform entities such as police and PDI when we see that some abuse or law is violated.
• We periodically evaluate our objectives and goals, as well as our internal management, to guarantee the continuous improvement of our company and the service offered.
OCIO Territorial Hotel, purchases its supplies and services following the Fair Trade format, where local producers are contacted directly and respecting their work, in order to strengthen the local economy.
OCIO Territorial Hotel, since its inception our neighbors have been empowered and supported prioritizing the purchase of inputs and services of local origin, in infrastructure both for the construction of real estate such as the stove, as well as in the production of food so that today we have the products they harvest such as lettuce, potatoes , tomatoes, coriander, chives, carrots, cabbage. In short, all the vegetables that are produced, and also have physical spaces for events.
With regard to seafood products, local producers established on the Island, Wendtfish Ltda.fishing ground , Mrs. Griselda Remolcoy Vargas stand No. 26 “Oro Marino” at the Yumbel of Castro Fair are acquired, as well as the fisherman Mr. Héctor Vargas of the Castro community.
Cristian Medina Guerrero
Co- Founder & General Manager
1. Opportunities for disadvantaged producers
We support several small producers in a continuous manner and according to the level of production of each one to satisfy our other demands, providing stable income for the development of their activities.
Maintaining a standard of quality, effective communication and a relationship based on trust, we have managed to keep this supply chain working under optimal conditions.
2. Fair business practices… fair pay
We respect the work of our partners and employees, so we define closings and amounts of mutually beneficial payments to make your business profitable and maintain a continuous and stable relationship.
3. Development of capacities
We opened instances for our collaborators to develop skills and capabilities for their professional development in the current work area or another project.
4. Promotion of fair trade, word of mouth, page RRSS
The entire OCIO family from its department recommends and encourages the purchase of local products and services, having in mind the quality of the products, expectations of the market and other market offers.
We promote through our social networks and web page events and destination events, to inform both locals and tourists.
We seek as a goal that tourism has a positive influence both on the visitor and on the community where it is located.
5. Respect to the average environment, monito del monte, basureros, staff transmit word of mouth.
We encourage practices that promote respect and care in the medium environment, as well as enhance chord values, we can show it by constant instances of calls and training on related topics, such as the management of gardens, processes and the functioning of compost, interpretation of natural heritage , recognition and puesta in value of native species, principles of no trace, among others.
Also with printed material for the value and care of native species such as Monte Monito, which has been seen in other facilities.
With respect to basement as we mentioned earlier, we separate our organic and inorganic and recyclable and non-recyclable waste. We have new punto de acopio to compost for our new home.